Basic Job Description:
Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of companies or public and private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services. Includes owners and managers who head small business establishments whose duties are primarily managerial.
1) Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products.
2) Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
3) Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
4) Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
5) Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
6) Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
8) Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
9) Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
Is being a "General and Operations Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities.
11) Locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
12) Perform sales floor work such as greeting and assisting customers, stocking shelves, and taking inventory.
13) Develop and implement product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
14) Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.
15) Direct non-merchandising departments of businesses, such as advertising and purchasing.
16) Recommend locations for new facilities or oversee the remodeling of current facilities.
17) Plan store layouts, and design displays.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 11-1021.00