Basic Job Description:
Arrange equipment; raise and lower scenery; move dollies, cranes, and booms; and perform other duties for motion-picture, recording, or television industry.
1) Arranges equipment preparatory to sessions and performances following work order specifications and handles props during performances.
2) Rigs and dismantles stage or set equipment such as frames, scaffolding, platforms, or backdrops, using carpenter's hand tools.
3) Adjusts controls to raise and lower scenery and stage curtain during performance, following cues.
4) Adjusts controls to guide, position and move equipment, such as cranes, booms, and cameras.
5) Erects canvas covers to protect equipment from weather.
6) Reads work orders and follows oral instructions to determine specified material and equipment to be moved and its relocation.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Connects electrical equipment to power source and tests equipment before performance.
8) Orders equipment and maintains equipment storage areas.
9) Sews and repairs items using materials and hand tools such as canvas and sewing machines.
Is being a "Grips and Set-Up Worker, Motion Picture Sets, Studios, and Stage" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Produces special lighting and sound effects during performances, using various machines and devices.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 53-7062.02