Basic Job Description:
Provide routine, personal healthcare, such as bathing, dressing, or grooming, to elderly, convalescent, or disabled persons in the home of patients or in a residential care facility.
1) Change dressings.
2) Perform a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies and running errands.
3) Accompany clients to doctors' offices and on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance and companionship.
4) Administer prescribed oral medications under written direction of physician or as directed by home care nurse and aide.
5) Care for children who are disabled or who have sick or disabled parents.
6) Massage patients and apply preparations and treatments, such as liniment, alcohol rubs, and heat-lamp stimulation.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, and problems in order to report and discuss observations with a supervisor or case manager.
8) Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
9) Provide patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as infant care, preparing healthy meals, independent living, and adaptation to disability or illness.
Is being a "Home Health Aide" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Change bed linens, wash and iron patients' laundry, and clean patients' quarters.
11) Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
12) Plan, purchase, prepare, and serve meals to patients and other family members, according to prescribed diets.
13) Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises and in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
14) Check patients' pulse, temperature and respiration.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-R-C SOC: 31-1011.00