Basic Job Description:
Apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing production, usually under the direction of engineering staff. May study and record time, motion, method, and speed involved in performance of production, maintenance, clerical, and other worker operations for such purposes as establishing standard production rates or improving efficiency.
1) Recommend revision to methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout, or other changes to increase production or improve standards.
2) Study time, motion, methods, and speed involved in maintenance, production, and other operations to establish standard production rate and improve efficiency.
3) Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
4) Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
5) Aid in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays.
6) Observe worker using equipment to verify that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Observe workers operating equipment or performing tasks to determine time involved and fatigue rate, using timing devices.
8) Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
9) Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
Is being an "Industrial Engineering Technician" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Read worker logs, product processing sheets, and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
11) Prepare graphs or charts of data or enter data into computer for analysis.
12) Record test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
13) Select products for tests at specified stages in production process, and test products for performance characteristics and adherence to specifications.
14) Compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: I-C-R SOC: 17-3026.00