Basic Job Description:
Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and processing machinery or refinery and pipeline distribution systems.
1) Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
2) Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
3) Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
4) Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
5) Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
6) Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
8) Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment.
9) Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
Is being an "Industrial Machinery Mechanic" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Study blueprints and manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery.
11) Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
12) Demonstrate equipment functions and features to machine operators.
13) Enter codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
14) Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary.
15) Record repairs and maintenance performed.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-I-C SOC: 49-9041.00