Basic Job Description:
Plan, design, and furnish interiors of residential, commercial, or industrial buildings. Formulate design which is practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving life style. May specialize in a particular field, style, or phase of interior design.
1) Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
2) Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
3) Advise client on interior design factors, such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, and color coordination.
4) Select or design, and purchase furnishings, art works, and accessories.
5) Formulate environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity or selling merchandise.
6) Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Render design ideas in form of paste-ups or drawings.
8) Plan and design interior environments for boats, planes, buses, trains, and other enclosed spaces.
9) Link or chart suspects to criminal organizations or events to determine activities and interrelationships.
Is being an "Interior Designer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-E-R SOC: 27-1025.00