Basic Job Description:
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties may include tending furnace and boiler, performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk.
1) Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
2) Gather and empty trash.
3) Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
4) Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
5) Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
6) Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
8) Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
9) Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
Is being a "Janitor and Cleaner" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
11) Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
12) Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
13) Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
14) Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
15) Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
16) Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
17) Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
18) Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
19) Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
20) Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
21) Clean chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
22) Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
23) Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-S SOC: 37-2011.00