Basic Job Description:
Assist lawyers or judges by researching or preparing legal documents. May meet with clients or assist lawyers and judges in court.
1) Search for and study legal documents to investigate facts and law of cases, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
2) Prepare affidavits of documents and maintain document files and case correspondence.
3) Research and analyze law sources to prepare drafts of briefs or arguments for review, approval, and use by attorney.
4) Review and file pleadings, petitions and other documents relevant to court actions.
5) Prepare real estate closing statements and assist in closing process.
6) Deliver or direct delivery of subpoenas to witnesses and parties to action.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Serve copies of pleas to opposing counsel.
8) Arrange transportation and accommodation for witnesses and jurors, if required.
9) Communicate and arbitrate disputes between parties.
Is being a "Law Clerk" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Appraise and inventory real and personal property for estate planning.
11) Store, catalog, and maintain currency of legal volumes.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-S SOC: 23-2092.00