Basic Job Description:
Apply makeup to performers to reflect period, setting, and situation of their role.
1) Alter or maintain makeup during productions as necessary to compensate for lighting changes or to achieve continuity of effect.
2) Analyze a script, noting events that affect each character's appearance, so that plans can be made for each scene.
3) Apply makeup to enhance, and/or alter the appearance of people appearing in productions such as movies.
4) Assess performers' skin-type in order to ensure that make-up will not cause break-outs or skin irritations.
5) Attach prostheses to performers and apply makeup in order to create special features or effects such as scars, aging, or illness.
6) Cleanse and tone the skin in order to prepare it for makeup application.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Confer with stage or motion picture officials and performers in order to determine desired effects.
8) Design rubber or plastic prostheses that can be used to change performers' appearances.
9) Duplicate work precisely in order to replicate characters' appearances on a daily basis.
Is being a "Makeup Artists" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Evaluate environmental characteristics such as venue size and lighting plans in order to determine makeup requirements.
11) Examine sketches, photographs, and plaster models in order to obtain desired character image depiction.
12) Provide performers with makeup removal assistance after performances have been completed.
13) Requisition or acquire needed materials for special effects, including wigs, beards, and special cosmetics.
14) Select desired makeup shades from stock, or mix oil, grease, and coloring in order to achieve specific color effects.
15) Study production information, such as character descriptions, period settings, and situations in order to determine makeup requirements.
16) Write makeup sheets and take photos in order to document specific looks and the products that were used to achieve the looks.
17) Advise hairdressers on the hairstyles required for character parts.
18) Create character drawings or models, based upon independent research, in order to augment period production files.
19) Demonstrate products to clients, and provide instruction in makeup application.
20) Establish budgets, and work within budgetary limits.
21) Wash and reset wigs.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-R-S SOC: 39-5091.00