Basic Job Description:
Massage customers for hygienic or remedial purposes.
1) Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
2) Assess clients' soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
3) Confer with clients about their medical histories and any problems with stress and/or pain in order to determine whether massage would be helpful.
4) Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used.
5) Massage and knead the muscles and soft tissues of the human body in order to provide courses of treatment for medical conditions and injuries or wellness maintenance.
6) Prepare and blend oils, and apply the blends to clients' skin.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Consult with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians and psychologists in order to develop treatment plans for clients.
8) Maintain treatment records.
9) Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement, and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises.
Is being a "Massage Therapist" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Refer clients to other types of therapists when necessary.
11) Use complementary aids, such as infrared lamps, wet compresses, ice, and whirlpool baths in order to promote clients' recovery, relaxation and well-being.
12) Treat clients in own offices, or travel to clients' offices and homes.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 31-9011.00