Basic Job Description:
Conduct research dealing with the understanding of human diseases and the improvement of human health. Engage in clinical investigation or other research, production, technical writing, or related activities.
1) Conduct research to develop methodologies, instrumentation and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings.
2) Evaluate effects of drugs, gases, pesticides, parasites, and microorganisms at various levels.
3) Follow strict safety procedures when handling toxic materials to avoid contamination.
4) Investigate cause, progress, life cycle, or mode of transmission of diseases or parasites.
5) Plan and direct studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease.
6) Prepare and analyze organ, tissue and cell samples to identify toxicity, bacteria, or microorganisms, or to study cell structure.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Standardize drug dosages, methods of immunization, and procedures for manufacture of drugs and medicinal compounds.
8) Confer with health department, industry personnel, physicians, and others to develop health safety standards and public health improvement programs.
9) Study animal and human health and physiological processes.
Is being a "Medical Scientists" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Consult with and advise physicians, educators, researchers, and others regarding medical applications of physics, biology, and chemistry.
11) Teach principles of medicine and medical and laboratory procedures to physicians, residents, students, and technicians.
12) Use equipment such as atomic absorption spectrometers, electron microscopes, flow cytometers and chromatography systems.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: I-R-S SOC: 19-1042.00