Basic Job Description:
Perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. May work under the supervision of a medical technologist.
1) Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood and urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases, and enter findings into computer.
2) Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
3) Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
4) Analyze and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
5) Perform medical research to further control and cure disease.
6) Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
8) Examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
9) Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
Is being a "Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technician" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
11) Inoculate fertilized eggs, broths, or other bacteriological media with organisms.
12) Cut, stain and mount tissue samples for examination by pathologists.
13) Supervise and instruct other technicians and laboratory assistants.
14) Prepare standard volumetric solutions and reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
15) Prepare vaccines and serums by standard laboratory methods, testing for virus inactivity and sterility.
16) Test raw materials, processes and finished products to determine quality and quantity of materials or characteristics of a substance.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-I-C SOC: 29-2012.00