Basic Job Description:
Plan, direct, or coordinate medicine and health services in hospitals, clinics, managed care organizations, public health agencies, or similar organizations.
1) Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other personnel.
2) Establish objectives and evaluative or operational criteria for units they manage.
3) Direct or conduct recruitment, hiring and training of personnel.
4) Develop and maintain computerized record management systems to store and process data, such as personnel activities and information, and to produce reports.
5) Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures for the facility or medical unit.
6) Conduct and administer fiscal operations, including accounting, planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial reporting.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Establish work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
8) Maintain communication between governing boards, medical staff, and department heads by attending board meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
9) Monitor the use of diagnostic services, inpatient beds, facilities, and staff to ensure effective use of resources and assess the need for additional staff, equipment, and services.
Is being a "Medical and Health Services Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Maintain awareness of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and financing options.
11) Manage change in integrated health care delivery systems, such as work restructuring, technological innovations, and shifts in the focus of care.
12) Prepare activity reports to inform management of the status and implementation plans of programs, services, and quality initiatives.
13) Plan, implement and administer programs and services in a health care or medical facility, including personnel administration, training, and coordination of medical, nursing and physical plant staff.
14) Consult with medical, business, and community groups to discuss service problems, respond to community needs, enhance public relations, coordinate activities and plans, and promote health programs.
15) Inspect facilities and recommend building or equipment modifications to ensure emergency readiness and compliance to access, safety, and sanitation regulations.
16) Review and analyze facility activities and data to aid planning and cash and risk management and to improve service utilization.
17) Develop or expand and implement medical programs or health services that promote research, rehabilitation, and community health.
18) Develop instructional materials and conduct in-service and community-based educational programs.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-S-I SOC: 11-9111.00