Basic Job Description:
Provide persons, families, or vulnerable populations with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses, such as Alzheimer's, cancer, or AIDS. Services include advising family care givers, providing patient education and counseling, and making necessary referrals for other social services.
1) Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients' medical or physical condition and to assess client needs.
2) Investigate child abuse or neglect cases and take authorized protective action when necessary.
3) Refer patient, client, or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
4) Counsel clients and patients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life.
5) Organize support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client or patient.
6) Advocate for clients or patients to resolve crises.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
8) Utilize consultation data and social work experience to plan and coordinate client or patient care and rehabilitation, following through to ensure service efficacy.
9) Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in clients' status.
Is being a "Medical and Public Health Social Worker" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
11) Supervise and direct other workers providing services to clients or patients.
12) Develop or advise on social policy and assist in community development.
13) Oversee Medicaid- and Medicare-related paperwork and recordkeeping in hospitals.
14) Conduct social research to advance knowledge in the social work field.
15) Plan and conduct programs to combat social problems, prevent substance abuse, or improve community health and counseling services.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-I-A SOC: 21-1022.00