Basic Job Description:
Inspect automotive vehicles to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and safety standards.
1) Inspects truck accessories, air lines and electric circuits, and reports needed repairs.
2) Examines vehicles for damage, and drives vehicle to detect malfunctions.
3) Tests vehicle components for wear, damage, or improper adjustment, using mechanical or electrical devices.
4) Applies inspection sticker to vehicles that pass inspection, and rejection sticker to vehicles that fail.
5) Prepares report on each vehicle for follow-up action by owner or police.
6) Prepares and keeps record of vehicles delivered.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Positions trailer and drives car onto truck trailer.
8) Notifies authorities of owners having illegal equipment installed on vehicle.
9) Services vehicles with fuel and water.
Is being a "Motor Vehicle Inspector" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 53-6051.05