Basic Job Description:
Draft agendas and bylaws for town or city council; record minutes of council meetings; answer official correspondence; keep fiscal records and accounts; and prepare reports on civic needs.
1) Participate in the administration of municipal elections, including preparation and distribution of ballots, appointment and training of election officers, and tabulation and certification of results.
2) Record and edit the minutes of meetings, then distribute them to appropriate officials and staff members.
3) Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
4) Issue public notification of all official activities and meetings.
5) Maintain and update documents such as municipal codes and city charters.
6) Prepare meeting agendas and packets of related information.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Prepare ordinances, resolutions, and proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, and distributed.
8) Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, and state and federal legislative offices.
9) Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
Is being a "Municipal Clerk" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Perform budgeting duties, including assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, and budget administration.
11) Perform general office duties such as taking and transcribing dictation, typing and proofreading correspondence, distributing and filing official forms, and scheduling appointments.
12) Coordinate and maintain office-tracking systems for correspondence and follow-up actions.
13) Research information in the municipal archives upon request of public officials and private citizens.
14) Perform contract administration duties, assisting with bid openings and the awarding of contracts.
15) Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities.
16) Represent municipalities at community events, and serve as liaisons on community committees.
17) Serve as a notary of the public.
18) Issue various permits and licenses, including marriage, fishing, hunting, and dog licenses, and collect appropriate fees.
19) Provide assistance to persons with disabilities in reaching less accessible areas of municipal facilities.
20) Process claims against the municipality, maintaining files and log of claims, and coordinate claim response and handling with municipal claims administrators.
21) Develop and conduct orientation programs for candidates for political office.
22) Provide assistance with events such as police department auctions of abandoned automobiles.
23) Prepare reports on civic needs.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-S SOC: 43-4031.02