Basic Job Description:
Write and transcribe musical scores.
1) Composes musical scores for orchestra, band, choral group, or individual instrumentalist or vocalist, using knowledge of music theory and instrumental and vocal capabilities.
2) Transposes music from one voice or instrument to another to accommodate particular musician in musical group.
3) Adapts musical composition for orchestra, band, choral group, or individual to style for which it was not originally written.
4) Copies parts from score for individual performers.
5) Determines voice, instrument, harmonic structure, rhythm, tempo, and tone balance to achieve desired effect.
6) Transcribes musical parts from score written by arranger or orchestrator for each instrument or voice, using knowledge of music composition.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Present public programs and tours.
8) Specialize in particular materials or types of object, such as documents and books, paintings, decorative arts, textiles, metals, or architectural materials.
9) Recommend preservation procedures, such as control of temperature and humidity, to curatorial and building staff.
Is being a "Music Arranger and Orchestrator" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-I-C SOC: 27-2041.02