Basic Job Description:
Play one or more musical instruments in recital, in accompaniment, or as members of an orchestra, band, or other musical group.
1) Audition for orchestras, bands, or other musical groups.
2) Improvise music during performances.
3) Make or participate in recordings in music studios.
4) Perform before live audiences.
5) Play from memory or by following scores.
6) Play musical instruments as soloists, or as members or guest artists of musical groups such as orchestras, ensembles, or bands.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Practice musical instrument performances, individually or in rehearsal with other musicians, to master individual pieces of music and to maintain and improve skills.
8) Compose original music such as popular songs, symphonies, or sonatas.
9) Promote their own or their group's music by participating in media interviews and other activities.
Is being a "Musician, Instrumental" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Provide the musical background for live shows such as ballets, operas, musical theatre, and cabarets.
11) Sight-read musical parts during rehearsals.
12) Transpose music to alternate keys, or to fit individual styles or purposes.
13) Direct bands or orchestras.
14) Specialize in playing a specific family of instruments and/or a particular type of music.
15) Teach music for specific instruments.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-S-E SOC: 27-2042.02