Basic Job Description:
Interview persons desiring to open bank accounts. Explain banking services available to prospective customers and assist them in preparing application form.
1) Answer customers' questions, and explain available services such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities.
2) Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
3) Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel in order to meet their financial needs.
4) Interview customers in order to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe-deposit boxes.
5) Inform customers of procedures for applying for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
6) Obtain credit records from reporting agencies.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Collect and record customer deposits and fees, and issue receipts using computers.
8) Investigate and correct errors upon customers' request, according to customer and bank records.
9) Perform teller duties as required.
Is being a "New Accounts Clerk" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Execute wire transfers of funds.
11) Duplicate records for distribution to branch offices.
12) Issue initial and replacement safe-deposit keys to customers, and admit customers to vaults.
13) Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
14) Schedule repairs for locks on safe-deposit boxes.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-S SOC: 43-4141.00