Basic Job Description:
Operate or tend nonelectrolytic plating or coating machines, such as metal-spraying machines and vacuum metalizing machines, to coat metal or plastic products or parts with metal.
1) Observes gauges and adjusts controls of machine to regulate functions, such as speed and temperature, according to specifications.
2) Fills machine receptacle with coating material or solution.
3) Mixes coating material or solution according to formula, or uses premixed solutions.
4) Removes excess material or impurities from objects, using airhose or grinding machine.
5) Measures or weighs materials, using ruler, calculator, and scale.
6) Replaces worn parts and adjusts equipment components, using hand tools.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Maintains production records.
8) Cleans workpieces, using wire brush.
9) Solders equipment and visually examines for completeness.
Is being a "Nonelectrolytic Plating and Coating Machine Operator and Tender" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Cleans and maintains equipment, using water hose and scraper.
11) Positions containers to receive parts, and loads or unloads materials in containers, using dolly or handtruck.
12) Cuts metal or other materials, using shears or band saw.
13) Places materials on racks and transfers to oven to dry for a specified period of time.
14) Immerses workpieces in coating solution for specified time.
15) Positions and feeds materials on plate into machine, manually or automatically, for processing.
16) Sprays coating in specified pattern according to instructions and inspects area for defects, such as air bubbles or uneven coverage.
17) Presses or turns controls to activate and set equipment operation according to specifications.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 51-4193.04