Basic Job Description:
Perform duties too varied and diverse to be classified in any specific office clerical occupation, requiring limited knowledge of office management systems and procedures. Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual establishments and may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, stenography, office machine operation, and filing.
1) Collect, count, and disburse money, do basic bookkeeping and complete banking transactions.
2) Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders and address complaints.
3) Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
4) Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
5) Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or checks.
6) Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
8) Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
9) Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
Is being an "Office Clerk" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
11) Deliver messages and run errands.
12) Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
13) Complete work schedules, manage calendars and arrange appointments.
14) Process and prepare documents, such as business or government forms and expense reports.
15) Monitor and direct the work of lower-level clerks.
16) Type, format, proofread and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
17) Count, weigh, measure, and/or organize materials.
18) Train other staff members to perform work activities, such as using computer applications.
19) Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and record and transcribe minutes.
20) Troubleshoot problems involving office equipment, such as computer hardware and software.
21) Make travel arrangements for office personnel.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-R-E SOC: 43-9061.00