Basic Job Description:
Assist lawyers by researching legal precedent, investigating facts, or preparing legal documents. Conduct research to support a legal proceeding, to formulate a defense, or to initiate legal action.
1) Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements.
2) Prepare affidavits or other documents, maintain document file, and file pleadings with court clerk.
3) Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
4) Investigate facts and law of cases to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
5) Call upon witnesses to testify at hearing.
6) Direct and coordinate law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Arbitrate disputes between parties and assist in real estate closing process.
8) Keep and monitor legal volumes to ensure that law library is up-to-date.
9) Appraise and inventory real and personal property for estate planning.
Is being a "Paralegals and Legal Assistant" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-S SOC: 23-2011.00