Basic Job Description:
Compile and post employee time and payroll data. May compute employees' time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions. May prepare paychecks.
1) Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
2) Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
3) Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
4) Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
5) Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
6) Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, in order to maintain and update payroll records.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
8) Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
9) Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
Is being a "Payroll and Timekeeping Clerk" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Complete time sheets showing employees' arrival and departure times.
11) Post relevant work hours to client files in order to bill clients properly.
12) Distribute and collect timecards each pay period.
13) Complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, and unemployment and medical insurance.
14) Prepare and balance period-end reports, and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements.
15) Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments.
16) Coordinate special programs, such as United Way campaigns, that involve payroll deductions.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-R SOC: 43-3051.00