Basic Job Description:
Assist elderly or disabled adults with daily living activities at the person's home or in a daytime non-residential facility. Duties performed at a place of residence may include keeping house (making beds, doing laundry, washing dishes) and preparing meals. May provide meals and supervised activities at non-residential care facilities. May advise families, the elderly, and disabled on such things as nutrition, cleanliness, and household utilities.
1) Perform health-care related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses and physiotherapists.
2) Administer bedside and personal care, such as ambulation and personal hygiene assistance.
3) Prepare and maintain records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
4) Perform housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, and running errands.
5) Care for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, family disruption or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care and help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
6) Instruct and advise clients on issues such as household cleanliness, utilities, hygiene, nutrition and infant care.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Plan, shop for, and prepare meals, including special diets, and assist families in planning, shopping for, and preparing nutritious meals.
8) Participate in case reviews, consulting with the team caring for the client, to evaluate the client's needs and plan for continuing services.
9) Transport clients to locations outside the home, such as to physicians' offices or on outings, using a motor vehicle.
Is being a "Personal and Home Care Aide" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Train family members to provide bedside care.
11) Provide clients with communication assistance, typing their correspondence and obtaining information for them.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-R-E SOC: 39-9021.00