Basic Job Description:
Spray or release chemical solutions or toxic gases and set traps to kill pests and vermin, such as mice, termites, and roaches, that infest buildings and surrounding areas.
1) Spray or dust chemical solutions, powders, or gases into rooms, onto clothing, furnishings or wood, and over marshlands, ditches, and catch-basins.
2) Set mechanical traps and place poisonous paste or bait in sewers, burrows, and ditches.
3) Inspect premises to identify infestation source and extent of damage to property, wall and roof porosity, and access to infested locations.
4) Cut or bore openings in building or surrounding concrete, access infested areas, insert nozzle, and inject pesticide to impregnate ground.
5) Study preliminary reports and diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
6) Direct and/or assist other workers in treatment and extermination processes to eliminate and control rodents, insects, and weeds.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Measure area dimensions requiring treatment, using rule, calculate fumigant requirements, and estimate cost for service.
8) Clean and remove blockages from infested areas to facilitate spraying procedure and provide drainage, using broom, mop, shovel, and rake.
9) Position and fasten edges of tarpaulins over building and tape vents to ensure air-tight environment and check for leaks.
Is being a "Pest Control Worker" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Post warning signs and lock building doors to secure area to be fumigated.
11) Drive truck equipped with power spraying equipment.
12) Record work activities performed.
13) Clean work site after completion of job.
14) Dig up and burn, or spray weeds with herbicides.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 37-2021.00