Basic Job Description:
Prepare medications under the direction of a pharmacist. May measure, mix, count out, label, and record amounts and dosages of medications.
1) Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
2) Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
3) Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
4) Fill bottles with prescribed medications and type and affix labels.
5) Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
6) Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Clean, and help maintain, equipment and work areas, and sterilize glassware according to prescribed methods.
8) Establish and maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
9) Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, and supplies, and enter inventory data into computer.
Is being a "Pharmacy Technician" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
11) Transfer medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques.
12) Add measured drugs or nutrients to intravenous solutions under sterile conditions to prepare intravenous (IV) packs under pharmacist supervision.
13) Supply and monitor robotic machines that dispense medicine into containers, and label the containers.
14) Prepare and process medical insurance claim forms and records.
15) Mix pharmaceutical preparations according to written prescriptions.
16) Operate cash registers to accept payment from customers.
17) Compute charges for medication and equipment dispensed to hospital patients, and enter data in computer.
18) Deliver medications and pharmaceutical supplies to patients, nursing stations or surgery.
19) Price stock and mark items for sale.
20) Maintain and merchandise home health-care products and services.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-R-I SOC: 29-2052.00