Basic Job Description:
Provide healthcare services typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician. Conduct complete physicals, provide treatment, and counsel patients. May, in some cases, prescribe medication. Must graduate from an accredited educational program for physician assistants.
1) Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition.
2) Interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
3) Make tentative diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients.
4) Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination.
5) Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
6) Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management.
8) Instruct and counsel patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
9) Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
Is being a "Physician Assistant" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Supervise and coordinate activities of technicians and technical assistants.
11) Visit and observe patients on hospital rounds or house calls, updating charts, ordering therapy, and reporting back to physician.
12) Order medical and laboratory supplies and equipment.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: I-S-A SOC: 29-1071.00