Basic Job Description:
Sort mail for delivery. Deliver mail on established route by vehicle or on foot.
1) Bundle mail in preparation for delivery or transportation to relay boxes.
2) Deliver mail to residences and business establishments along specified routes by walking and/or driving, using a combination of satchels, carts, cars, and small trucks.
3) Enter change of address orders into computers that process forwarding address stickers.
4) Hold mail for customers who are away from delivery locations.
5) Leave notices telling patrons where to collect mail that could not be delivered.
6) Maintain accurate records of deliveries.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Meet schedules for the collection and return of mail.
8) Record address changes and redirect mail for those addresses.
9) Return incorrectly addressed mail to senders.
Is being a "Postal Service Mail Carrier" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Return to the post office with mail collected from homes, businesses, and public mailboxes.
11) Sign for cash-on-delivery and registered mail before leaving the post office.
12) Sort mail for delivery, arranging it in delivery sequence.
13) Travel to post offices to pick up the mail for routes and/or pick up mail from postal relay boxes.
14) Turn in money and receipts collected along mail routes.
15) Answer customers' questions about postal services and regulations.
16) Complete forms that notify publishers of address changes.
17) Obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail; collect associated charges; and complete any necessary paperwork.
18) Provide customers with change of address cards and other forms.
19) Register, certify, and insure parcels and letters.
20) Report any unusual circumstances concerning mail delivery, including the condition of street letter boxes.
21) Sell stamps and money orders.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-R-S SOC: 43-5052.00