Basic Job Description:
Direct and coordinate operational, administrative, management, and supportive services of a U.S. post office; or coordinate activities of workers engaged in postal and related work in assigned post office.
1) Organize and supervise activities such as the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
2) Direct and coordinate operational, management, and supportive services of one or a number of postal facilities.
3) Resolve customer complaints.
4) Hire and train employees, and evaluate their performance.
5) Prepare employee work schedules.
6) Prepare and submit detailed and summary reports of post office activities to designated supervisors.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Negotiate labor disputes.
8) Collect rents for post office boxes.
9) Issue and cash money orders.
Is being a "Postmasters and Mail Superintendent" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Inform the public of available services, and of postal laws and regulations.
11) Select and train postmasters and managers of associate postal units.
12) Confer with suppliers to obtain bids for proposed purchases and to requisition supplies; disburse funds according to federal regulations.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-S SOC: 11-9131.00