Basic Job Description:
Cast metal patterns and dies, according to specifications, from a variety of nonferrous metals, such as aluminum or bronze.
1) Shapes mold to specified contours with sand, using trowel and related tools.
2) Tilts melting pot or uses ladle to pour molten alloy, bronze, or other nonferrous metal into sand mold.
3) Preheats dies or patterns, using blowtorch or other equipment, and applies parting compound.
4) Lowers metal jig into molten metal in prescribed manner to attach anchor bolts to punch.
5) Clamps metal and plywood strips around die or pattern to form mold.
6) Operates foundry furnaces and ovens.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Constructs wood patterns used to form sand molds for metal casts.
8) Operates hoist to position dies or patterns on foundry floor.
9) Machines metal patterns to exact dimensions.
Is being a "Precision Pattern and Die Caster, Nonferrous Metal" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 51-9195.02