Basic Job Description:
Plan and coordinate various aspects of radio, television, stage, or motion picture production, such as selecting script, coordinating writing, directing and editing, and arranging financing.
1) Coordinate the activities of writers, directors, managers, and other personnel throughout the production process.
2) Monitor post-production processes in order to ensure accurate completion of all details.
3) Perform management activities such as budgeting, scheduling, planning, and marketing.
4) Determine production size, content, and budget, establishing details such as production schedules and management policies.
5) Compose and edit scripts, or provide screenwriters with story outlines from which scripts can be written.
6) Conduct meetings with staff to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Resolve personnel problems that arise during the production process by acting as liaisons between dissenting parties when necessary.
8) Produce shows for special occasions, such as holidays or testimonials.
9) Edit and write news stories from information collected by reporters.
Is being a "Producer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Write and submit proposals to bid on contracts for projects.
11) Hire directors, principal cast members, and key production staff members.
12) Arrange financing for productions.
13) Select plays, scripts, books, or ideas to be produced.
14) Review film, recordings, or rehearsals to ensure conformance to production and broadcast standards.
15) Perform administrative duties such as preparing operational reports, distributing rehearsal call sheets and script copies, and arranging for rehearsal quarters.
16) Obtain and distribute costumes, props, music, and studio equipment needed to complete productions.
17) Negotiate contracts with artistic personnel, often in accordance with collective bargaining agreements.
18) Maintain knowledge of minimum wages and working conditions established by unions and/or associations of actors and technicians.
19) Plan and coordinate the production of musical recordings, selecting music and directing performers.
20) Negotiate with parties including independent producers, and the distributors and broadcasters who will be handling completed productions.
21) Develop marketing plans for finished products, collaborating with sales associates to supervise product distribution.
22) Determine and direct the content of radio programming.
23) Repay investors when completed projects begin to generate revenue.
24) Obtain rights to scripts, or to such items as existing video footage.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-E-S SOC: 27-2012.01