Basic Job Description:
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
1) Arrange for delivery, assembly, and distribution of supplies and parts in order to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
2) Calculate figures such as required amounts of labor and materials, manufacturing costs, and wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers.
3) Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, personnel schedules, and purchase, maintenance, and repair orders.
4) Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, and customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
5) Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, and customers to coordinate production and shipping activities, and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
6) Contact suppliers to verify shipment details.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Examine documents, materials, and products, and monitor work processes, in order to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
8) Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
9) Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
Is being a "Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerk" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, and engineering.
11) Confer with department supervisors and other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
12) Distribute production schedules and work orders to departments.
13) Establish and prepare product construction directions and locations, and information on required tools, materials, and equipment, numbers of workers needed, and cost projections.
14) Maintain files such as maintenance records, bills of lading, and cost reports.
15) Plan production commitments and timetables for business units, specific programs, and/or jobs, using sales forecasts.
16) Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, and changes to cost estimates.
17) Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-R SOC: 43-5061.00