Basic Job Description:
Diagnose, treat, and help prevent disorders of the mind.
1) Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder.
2) Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
3) Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
4) Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
5) Counsel outpatients and other patients during office visits.
6) Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patient to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
8) Advise and inform guardians, relatives, and significant others of patients' conditions and treatment.
9) Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists and medical professionals.
Is being a "Psychiatrist" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Teach, conduct research, and publish findings to increase understanding of mental, emotional, and behavioral states and disorders.
11) Prepare and submit case reports and summaries to government and mental health agencies.
12) Serve on committees to promote and maintain community mental health services and delivery systems.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: I-A-S SOC: 29-1066.00