Basic Job Description:
Make announcements over loud speaker at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
1) Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
2) Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
3) Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
4) Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
5) Meet with event directors in order to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
6) Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions, or explanations of official decisions.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
8) Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
9) Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
Is being a "Public Address System and Other Announcer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
11) Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, in order to ensure accessibility for use during events.
12) Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
13) Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
14) Study the layout of an event venue in order to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-A-E SOC: 27-3012.00