Basic Job Description:
Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
1) Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
2) Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
3) Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
4) Control purchasing department budgets.
5) Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
6) Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
8) Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
9) Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
Is being a "Purchasing Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
11) Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
12) Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
13) Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
14) Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
15) Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
16) Administer on-line purchasing systems.
17) Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-S SOC: 11-3061.00