Basic Job Description:
Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete. Use a variety of fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools.
1) Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
2) Cut rods to required lengths, using metal shears, hacksaws, bar cutters, or acetylene torches.
3) Bend steel rods with hand tools and rodbending machines, and weld them with arc-welding equipment.
4) Determine quantities, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions.
5) Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools.
6) Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Place blocks under rebar to hold the bars off the deck when reinforcing floors.
8) Direct case service allocations, authorizing expenditures and payments.
9) Maintain close contact with clients during job training and placements, in order to resolve problems and evaluate placement adequacy.
Is being a "Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Worker" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 47-2171.00