Basic Job Description:
Coordinate activities for residents of boarding schools, college fraternities or sororities, college dormitories, or similar establishments. Order supplies and determine need for maintenance, repairs, and furnishings. May maintain household records and assign rooms. May refer residents to counseling resources if needed.
1) Order supplies for facilities.
2) Supervise students' housekeeping work to ensure that it is done properly.
3) Chaperone group-sponsored trips and social functions.
4) Compile information such as residents' daily activities and the quantities of supplies used to prepare required reports.
5) Accompany and supervise students during meals.
6) Provide transportation and/or escort for expeditions such as shopping trips or visits to doctors or dentists.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Inventory, pack, and remove items left behind by former residents.
8) Enforce rules and regulations to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of dormitory programs.
9) Provide emergency first aid and summon medical assistance when necessary.
Is being a "Residential Advisor" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Mediate interpersonal problems between residents.
11) Administer, coordinate, or recommend disciplinary and corrective actions.
12) Communicate with other staff to resolve problems with individual students.
13) Counsel students in the handling of issues such as family, financial, and educational problems.
14) Make regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure.
15) Observe students in order to detect and report unusual behavior.
16) Determine the need for facility maintenance and repair, and notify appropriate personnel.
17) Collaborate with counselors to develop counseling programs that address the needs of individual students.
18) Develop program plans for individuals or assist in plan development.
19) Hold regular meetings with each assigned unit.
20) Direct and participate in on- and off-campus recreational activities for residents of institutions, boarding schools, fraternities or sororities, children's homes, or similar establishments.
21) Assign rooms to students.
22) Provide requested information on students' progress and the development of case plans.
23) Confer with medical personnel to better understand the backgrounds and needs of individual residents.
24) Answer telephones, and route calls or deliver messages.
25) Supervise participants in work-study programs.
26) Process contract cancellations for students who are unable to follow residence hall policies and procedures.
27) Sort and distribute mail.
28) Supervise the activities of housekeeping personnel.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-C-A SOC: 39-9041.00