Basic Job Description:
Sell mechanical equipment, machinery, materials, and supplies, such as aircraft and railroad equipment and parts, construction machinery, material-handling equipment, industrial machinery, and welding equipment.
1) Reviews existing machinery/equipment placement and diagrams proposal to illustrate efficient space utilization, using standard measuring devices and templates.
2) Attends sales and trade meetings and reads related publications to obtain current market condition information, business trends, and industry developments.
3) Inspects establishment premises to verify installation feasibility, and obtains building blueprints and elevator specifications to submit to engineering department for bid.
4) Demonstrates and explains use of installed equipment and production processes.
5) Arranges for installation and test-operation of machinery and recommends solutions to product-related problems.
6) Contacts current and potential customers, visits establishments to evaluate needs, and promotes sale of products and services.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Recommends and sells textile, industrial, construction, railroad, and oil field machinery, equipment, materials, and supplies, and services utilizing knowledge of machine operations.
8) Computes installation or production costs, estimates savings, and prepares and submits bid specifications to customer for review and approval.
9) Submits orders for product and follows-up on order to verify material list accuracy and delivery schedule meets project deadline.
Is being a "Sales Representative, Mechanical Equipment and Supplie" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Appraises equipment and verifies customer credit rating to establish trade-in value and contract terms.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-R-S SOC: 41-4011.04