Basic Job Description:
Set up or set up and operate screen printing machines to print designs onto articles and materials, such as glass or plasticware, cloth, and paper.
1) Sets and adjusts feed rollers, spindle reel, printing screens, and bolts to specifications.
2) Starts dyeing oven and sets thermostat to temperature specified for printing run.
3) Reviews print order to determine settings and adjustments required to set up manually controlled or automatic screen printing machine or decorating equipment.
4) Determines from orders type and color of designs to print.
5) Adjusts position of design or screen to ensure specified color print registration.
6) Trains workers in use of printing equipment and in quality standards.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Counts and records quantities printed in production log.
8) Patrols printing area to monitor production activities and to detect problems, such as mechanical breakdowns or malfunctions.
9) Inspects printing equipment and replaces damaged or defective parts, such as switches, pulleys, fixtures, screws, and bolts.
Is being a "Screen Printing Machine Setter and Set-Up Operator" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Compares ink or paint prepared for printing run with master color swatch to confirm accuracy of match.
11) Examines product for paint smears, position of design, or other defects and adjusts equipment.
12) Mixes paints according to formula, using bench mixer.
13) Measures, centers, and aligns and positions screen, using gauge and hand tools.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 51-5023.06