Basic Job Description:
Service automobiles, buses, trucks, boats, and other automotive or marine vehicles with fuel, lubricants, and accessories. Collect payment for services and supplies. May lubricate vehicle, change motor oil, install antifreeze, or replace lights or other accessories, such as windshield wiper blades or fan belts. May repair or replace tires.
1) Check air pressure in vehicle tires; and levels of fuel, motor oil, transmission, radiator, battery, and other fluids; and add air, oil, water, or other fluids, as required.
2) Clean parking areas, offices, restrooms, and equipment, and remove trash.
3) Clean windshields, and/or wash and wax vehicles.
4) Collect cash payments from customers and make change, or charge purchases to customers' credit cards and provide customers with receipts.
5) Activate fuel pumps and fill fuel tanks of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel to specified levels.
6) Order stock, and price and shelve incoming goods.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Prepare daily reports of fuel, oil, and accessory sales.
8) Sell and install accessories, such as batteries, windshield wiper blades, fan belts, bulbs and headlamps.
9) Sell prepared food, groceries, and related items.
Is being a "Service Station Attendant" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Grease and lubricate vehicles or specified units, such as springs, universal joints, and steering knuckles, using grease guns or spray lubricants.
11) Maintain customer records and follow up periodically with telephone, mail, or personal reminders of service due.
12) Operate car washes.
13) Perform minor repairs such as adjusting brakes, replacing spark plugs, and changing engine oil and filters.
14) Provide customers with information about local roads and highways.
15) Rotate, test, and repair or replace tires.
16) Test and charge batteries.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-E-C SOC: 53-6031.00