Basic Job Description:
Design sets for theatrical, motion picture, and television productions.
1) Integrates requirements including script, research, budget, and available locations to develop design.
2) Presents drawings for approval and makes changes and corrections as directed.
3) Selects furniture, draperies, pictures, lamps, and rugs for decorative quality and appearance.
4) Confers with heads of production and direction to establish budget, schedules, and discuss design ideas.
5) Directs and coordinates set construction, erection, or decoration activities to ensure conformance to design, budget, and schedule requirements.
6) Assigns staff to complete design ideas and prepare sketches, illustrations, and detailed drawings of sets, or graphics and animation.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Examines dressed set to ensure props and scenery do not interfere with movements of cast or view of camera.
8) Reads script to determine location, set, or decoration requirements.
9) Estimates costs of design materials and construction, or rental of location or props.
Is being a "Set Designer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Researches and consults experts to determine architectural and furnishing styles to depict given periods or locations.
11) Designs and builds scale models of set design or miniature sets used in filming backgrounds or special effects.
12) Prepares rough draft and scale working drawings of sets, including floor plans, scenery, and properties to be constructed.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-R-I SOC: 27-1027.01