Basic Job Description:
Sing songs on stage, radio, television, or motion pictures.
1) Memorize musical selections and routines, or sing following printed text, musical notation, or customer instructions.
2) Interpret or modify music, applying knowledge of harmony, melody, rhythm, and voice production to individualize presentations and maintain audience interest.
3) Observe choral leaders or prompters for cues or directions in vocal presentation.
4) Perform before live audiences, or in television, radio, or movie productions.
5) Practice singing exercises and study with vocal coaches, in order to develop their voices and skills and to rehearse for upcoming roles.
6) Seek out and learn new music that is suitable for live performance and/or recording.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Sing a cappella or with musical accompaniment.
8) Sing as a soloist or as a member of a vocal group.
9) Collaborate with a manager or agent who handles administrative details, finds work, and negotiates contracts.
Is being a "Singer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Compose songs and/or create vocal arrangements.
11) Learn acting, dancing, and other skills required for dramatic singing roles.
12) Make or participate in recordings.
13) Research particular roles to find out more about a character, or the time and place in which a piece is set.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-E-S SOC: 27-2042.01