Basic Job Description:
Sketch likenesses of subjects according to observation or descriptions either to assist law enforcement agencies in identifying suspects, to depict court room scenes, or for entertainment purposes of patrons, using mediums such as pencil, charcoal, and pastels.
1) Assembles and arranges outlines of features to form composite image, according to information provided by witness or victim.
2) Alters copy of composite image until witness or victim is satisfied that composite is best possible representation of suspect.
3) Poses subject to accentuate most pleasing features or profile.
4) Classifies and codes components of image, using established system, to help identify suspect.
5) Prepares series of simple line drawings conforming to description of suspect and presents drawings to informant for selection of sketch.
6) Interviews crime victims and witnesses to obtain descriptive information concerning physical build, sex, nationality, and facial features of unidentified suspect.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Measures distances and develops sketches of crime scene from photograph and measurements.
8) Searches police photograph records, using classification and coding system to determine if existing photograph of suspects is available.
9) Operates photocopy or similar machine to reproduce composite image.
Is being a "Sketch Artist" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Draws sketch, profile, or likeness of posed subject or photograph, using pencil, charcoal, pastels, or other medium.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-R-S SOC: 27-1013.02