Basic Job Description:
Work in slaughtering, meat packing, or wholesale establishments performing precision functions involving the preparation of meat. Work may include specialized slaughtering tasks, cutting standard or premium cuts of meat for marketing, making sausage, or wrapping meats.
1) Shave or singe and defeather carcasses, and wash them in preparation for further processing or packaging.
2) Skin sections of animals or whole animals.
3) Slit open, eviscerate, and trim carcasses of slaughtered animals.
4) Stun animals prior to slaughtering.
5) Trim head meat, and sever or remove parts of animals' heads or skulls.
6) Trim, clean, and/or cure animal hides.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Wrap dressed carcasses and/or meat cuts.
8) Tend assembly lines, performing a few of the many cuts needed to process a carcass.
9) Slaughter animals in accordance with religious law, and determine that carcasses meet specified religious standards.
Is being a "Slaughterer and Meat Packer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Cut, trim, skin, sort, and wash viscera of slaughtered animals to separate edible portions from offal.
11) Grind meat into hamburger, and into trimmings used to prepare sausages, luncheon meats, and other meat products.
12) Remove bones, and cut meat into standard cuts in preparation for marketing.
13) Saw, split, or scribe carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling.
14) Sever jugular veins to drain blood and facilitate slaughtering.
15) Shackle hind legs of animals to raise them for slaughtering or skinning.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-E-C SOC: 51-3023.00