Basic Job Description:
Compile and compute data according to statistical formulas for use in statistical studies. May perform actuarial computations and compile charts and graphs for use by actuaries. Includes actuarial clerks.
1) Check source data in order to verify its completeness and accuracy.
2) Check survey responses for errors such as the use of pens instead of pencils, and set aside response forms that cannot be used.
3) Code data as necessary prior to computer entry, using lists of codes.
4) Compile reports, charts, and graphs that describe and interpret findings of analyses.
5) Compile statistics from source materials, such as production and sales records, quality-control and test records, time sheets, and survey sheets.
6) Compute and analyze data, using statistical formulas and computers or calculators.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Enter data into computers for use in analyses and reports.
8) Feed response sheets through optical scanners that read responses and store data in a format that computers can read.
9) File data and related information, and maintain and update databases.
Is being a "Statistical Assistant" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Organize paperwork such as survey forms and reports for distribution and for analysis.
11) Select statistical tests for analyzing data.
12) Discuss data presentation requirements with clients.
13) Interview people and keep track of their responses.
14) Participate in the publication of data and information.
15) Send out surveys.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-I SOC: 43-9111.00