Basic Job Description:
Receive, store, and issue sales floor merchandise. Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise and arrange merchandise displays to attract customers. May periodically take physical count of stock or check and mark merchandise.
1) Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
2) Itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchases.
3) Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
4) Pack customer purchases in bags or cartons.
5) Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
6) Receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.
8) Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
9) Requisition merchandise from supplier based on available space, merchandise on hand, customer demand, or advertised specials.
Is being a "Stock Clerk, Sales Floor" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Transport packages to customers' vehicles.
11) Stamp, attach, or change price tags on merchandise, referring to price list.
12) Design and set up advertising signs and displays of merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 43-5081.01