Basic Job Description:
Build stone structures, such as piers, walls, and abutments. Lay walks, curbstones, or special types of masonry for vats, tanks, and floors.
1) Clean excess mortar or grout from surface of marble, stone, or monument, using sponge, brush, water, or acid.
2) Drill holes in marble or ornamental stone and anchor brackets in holes.
3) Lay out wall patterns or foundations, using straight edge, rule, or staked lines.
4) Mix mortar or grout and pour or spread mortar or grout on marble slabs, stone, or foundation.
5) Remove wedges, fill joints between stones, finish joints between stones, using a trowel, and smooth the mortar to an attractive finish, using a tuck pointer.
6) Set stone or marble in place, according to layout or pattern.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Shape, trim, face and cut marble or stone preparatory to setting, using power saws, cutting equipment, and hand tools.
8) Smooth, polish, and bevel surfaces, using hand tools and power tools.
9) Dig trench for foundation of monument, using pick and shovel.
Is being a "Stonemason" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Line interiors of molds with treated paper and fill molds with composition-stone mixture.
11) Position mold along guidelines of wall, press mold in place, and remove mold and paper from wall.
12) Remove sections of monument from truck bed, and guide stone onto foundation, using skids, hoist, or truck crane.
13) Repair cracked or chipped areas of stone or marble, using blowtorch and mastic, and remove rough or defective spots from concrete, using power grinder or chisel and hammer.
14) Set vertical and horizontal alignment of structures, using plumb bob, gauge line, and level.
15) Construct and install prefabricated masonry units.
16) Lay brick to build shells of chimneys and smokestacks or to line or reline industrial furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations.
17) Replace broken or missing masonry units in walls or floors.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-E-C SOC: 47-2022.00