Basic Job Description:
Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses but do not have the background or responsibilities of an accredited or certified public accountant.
1) Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures.
2) Compute taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
3) Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
4) Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
5) Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures in order to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
6) Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients' taxes to a minimum.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Calculate form preparation fees according to return complexity and processing time required.
8) Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins in order to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
9) Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice in order to ensure correct tax form completion.
Is being a "Tax Preparer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-S SOC: 13-2082.00