Basic Job Description:
Drive automobiles, vans, or limousines to transport passengers. May occasionally carry cargo.
1) Vacuum and clean interiors, and wash and polish exteriors of automobiles.
2) Pick up or meet employers according to requests, appointments, or schedules.
3) Operate vans with special equipment, such as wheelchair lifts to transport people with special needs.
4) Collect fares or vouchers from passengers; and make change and/or issue receipts, as necessary.
5) Determine fares based on trip distances and times, using taximeters and fee schedules, and announce fares to passengers.
6) Perform minor vehicle repairs such as cleaning spark plugs, or take vehicles to mechanics for servicing.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Turn the taximeter on when passengers enter the cab, and turn it off when they reach the final destination.
8) Report to taxicab services or garages in order to receive vehicle assignments.
9) Perform errands for customers or employers, such as delivering or picking up mail and packages.
Is being a "Taxi Drivers and Chauffeur" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Provide passengers with information about the local area and points of interest, and/or give advice on hotels and restaurants.
11) Test vehicle equipment such as lights, brakes, horns, and windshield wipers, in order to ensure proper operation.
12) Notify dispatchers or company mechanics of vehicle problems.
13) Drive taxicabs, limousines, company cars, or privately owned vehicles in order to transport passengers.
14) Follow regulations governing taxi operation and ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
15) Pick up passengers at prearranged locations, at taxi stands, or by cruising streets in high traffic areas.
16) Perform routine vehicle maintenance, such as regulating tire pressure and adding gasoline, oil, and water.
17) Communicate with dispatchers by radio, telephone, or computer in order to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
18) Record name, date, and taxi identification information on trip sheets, along with trip information such as time and place of pickup and drop-off, and total fee.
19) Complete accident reports when necessary.
20) Provide passengers with assistance entering and exiting vehicles, and help them with any luggage.
21) Arrange to pick up particular customers or groups on a regular schedule.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-E-C SOC: 53-3041.00