Basic Job Description:
Write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. May assist in layout work.
1) Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
2) Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
3) Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
4) Confer with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
5) Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
6) Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
8) Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
9) Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
Is being a "Technical Writer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material.
11) Assist in laying out material for publication.
12) Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
13) Review manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
14) Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-I-R SOC: 27-3042.00